Chances are, if you run an online business, you simply have to invest considerably in marketing. There is no other substitute for doing so, especially if you want to reap the benefits of your business in the long-run.
The problem however is that there is no single way to market your product or services online. Ask the gurus which methods they use and you will come up with thousands of methods which are said to work. However, when you put them to the test, you will find that only a small percentage of them work for you!
An experienced SEO consultant will look at your website and will tell you which approach will work for you. In this manner, the SEO consultant saves you months of time which would easily be wasted trying out new methods. Also, think about the monetary cost of your “trial-and-error” marketing approach and you can almost be certain that consulting with an experienced SEO is worthwhile.
Here are some important things your SEO consultant can give you the answers on:
1. Approximately how long will it take for you to start getting traffic to your website.
2. Whether your niche is too competitive or not
3. What other people in your niche are doing
4. Which technique(s) will be especially right to market your websites
5. What changes should you make on-site in order to get the best ROI.
All these factors (and many more) will ultimately decide whether you make thousands of dollars a month or not. I personally find it worthwhile to hire a good SEO consultant before you start your online business.